Monday, May 07, 2007

MAY 2007, Part C: Catching My Breath


Some random thoughts as VC FILMFEST embarks on its second and final leg -- the Festival in J-Town:

1) On Opening Night, none other than Ron Jeremy showed up -- he had a memorable speaking role in Justin Lin's FINISHING THE GAME opposite Sung Kang, and as he was posing with countless guests at the post-screening reception, I could only think of one thing: why would people want to shake his hand? Do people know where it's been???

2) I met actor Rondell Sheridan at the Screenwriters' panel on Saturday, a rare treat as I religiously watch his show, THAT'S SO RAVEN every Saturday morning on ABC. A true celebrity sighting, indeed.

3) Some sniffling in the audience at the THE CATS OF MIRIKITANI screening on Saturday. Much of the same audience ran right across the street to the screening of Desmond Nakano's AMERICAN PASTIME and rubbed shoulders with stars Aaron Yoo and Leonardo Nam.

4) I hang out with all the Vietnamese and French folks after the screening of SAIGON ECLIPSE, and have my first margarita in what must have been ages. For some, the party is never over, as Ham Tran organizes a company move to Silverlake to a hooka bar. I'm like, a hooka bar at 3:30 in the morning on a Sunday??? Sorry dude, I gotta get up in the morning.

5) There was a Bai Ling sighting at the Festival! Enough said...

6) Oh my gawd...is this journal turning into an Asian American fan boy blog???

2 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Blogger ThatChineseGurl said...

no more sushi dan until next year...

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Jimbo said...

Hey! I've got a question! Where can I purchase a copy of Todo Todo Teros or Pandanggo. Also, I'm just now finding out about the digital film movement in the philippines, do you have any recomendations of movies or more information about this movement. I was really moved by these 2 films and I want to see more!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home